- Is your child struggling in school, but you are not sure why?
- Do you need help interpreting your child’s educational evaluations and determining how the results should shape his or her academic program?
- How can you measure your child’s progress?
- Are you wondering if the current school placement is the most appropriate one?
- Are you unsure whether the school is providing the appropriate services your child needs to be successful?
My one son endured being misdiagnosed, misunderstood, and had adverse reactions to medications. In June of 2021, he ended up in the ICU at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, where he fought for his life and won.
In our worst moments, I would reassure him that everything we were experiencing was not in vain. There would be a purpose to all this pain and the struggles, as well as the tears. Every devastating moment was one step closer to us finding help and getting answers.
Advocacy is my way to honor my son (my Bombus) by sharing our experience and what I have learned on the way to help your child and your family.
Because a disability impacts the whole family.
Our journey has not been pretty, it has not been easy, but it has been rewarding and worth every hardship to watch my son soar when given the right tools.
Now take a deep breath, we are in this together.
Who Does a Special Education Advocate help?
A Board-Certified Special Education Advocate assists families with a child that has learning concerns. Some of these concerns have already been identified, whereas others are undiscovered. An advocate supports the family to help identify issues that may be affecting their child’s learning, as well as review and make recommendations to what is already in place.
- Learning disabilities and processing disorders (math, reading/writing)
- Speech and language deficits
- Hearing or Visual Impairment
- AD/HD and Sensory Disorders
- Autistic spectrum
- Behavioral Issues and Emotional disorders
- Physical disabilities
- Chronic illnesses
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Board-Certified National Special Education Advocacy Institute (NSEAI)
- Member of the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPPA)
- Member National Special Education Advocacy Institute
- Master’s degree in Multi-Cultural Education, Eastern University
- BS, Business Management, Waynesburg University
- Certified in elementary education
Still unsure if you need an advocate – check out our Bombus Services Page.